Sunday, August 22, 2010

What is a contingency offer for a job?

I have applied for a job, and if I am still interested in it, the company will send my application to a Recruitment Manager who will then send me a Contingency Offer. I need to know what this means before I reply with my questions, and I%26#039;ve been searching online. Thank you for your answers.|||A contingency offer is simply an offer with conditions set . In some cases it may be they are waiting on funding or other management approval to actually add staff . In some cases you may be offered the job and you keep it only after successfully completeing some training.





You are not committing to take the job by proceding. Its entirely reasonable for you to examine any offers and suggest an alternative if the conditions dont suit you .





It is sometimes done by staffing agencies that try to lock you in to them before getting the client to commit to hiring their services .|||A contingency offer is simply an offer that hinges on something like a drug test, background check, or some other %26quot;contingency%26quot;.





It isn%26#039;t uncommon anymore. You can feel free to answer any legal questions.





Hope this helps. You can email me at mike@directyourcareer.com or check my free blog at the same address.





Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment