Thursday, August 19, 2010

What are some hints in applying for a first job?

I am a senior in high school and am looking to raise a little money. I%26#039;m looking for a job as a waitress or even a for a job in fast food. I have no prior work experience so I always have to leave the %26quot;employment history%26quot; fields blank. What can I do to compensate for that?|||Never leave anything blank! I%26#039;m a restaurant manager %26amp; if there%26#039;s blank spaces always discard the application. I%26#039;d say just be creative in wording your work experience.





Are you a officer in a club at school? Have you ever babysat someones kids for money? Have you mowed a lawn %26amp; gotten paid? Stuff like that.|||Be confident. Why should they hire you? List things that you%26#039;ve done at school. Sports, if you were a prefect... blah blah.


Then if you%26#039;re lucky enough to get an interview don%26#039;t be a kiss *** but give them what they want to hear. My winning one liner was when they asked %26#039;what is you weakness%26#039; I put on a smerck and said %26#039;a challenge. I love something that%26#039;s others are too scared to do%26#039;


They later told me that got me the job.


But goodluck and fingers crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment