Sunday, August 22, 2010

How do you look for a new job without your current boss finding out?

My husband%26#039;s boss told him that if he doesn%26#039;t acheive certain goals by next month he will be fired. After he said that, the account sent an email saying my husband was not at fault, and the numbers came up wrong because of accounting errors. His boss still stands by what he said. Now my husband feels like he needs to start looking for a new job, because he almost got fired for someone elses mistake, but if he posts his resume online and his boss sees it, he%26#039;ll fire him for sure. What can he do?|||If her has pto time or sick time have him take it.....that will give him time to do his job hunting in person.|||Get together his CV and find a good recruitment agency that way it can be kept confidential|||Sign up with a reputable job agency in your town. They will try and do the hard work of job searching in their client list and hopefully come up with something.


There will be interviews to attend of course, but this is where you have several dentist appointments scheduled (as far as his boss is concerned).|||No your husband needs to go above his bosses head to that guys boss and show the findings from the mistake, So basicly his boss will get a kick to the rear he deserves for making your husband feel bad for the mistake. I have a boss like that too and on several occasions ive had to almost literally shove the evidence in her face to get her to take her words back. But I dont I let my GM step in and I take a few and calm down. But if he still feels like doing what I suggested wont work, Try, Snagajob.com, careerbuilder.com, monster.com, and DONT HIDE IT. Just because your husband has his resume up his boss shouldnt fire him. Thats really stupid if it happens and that person shouldnt be a supervisor. But this is just one persons opinion. Good luck to your husband I hope it works out for the best for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment