Sunday, August 22, 2010

What kind of job can I get with a BA in Social Sciences and Literature?

I just graduated with my undergrad and am looking for a job. I am going back for my Master%26#039;s in the Fall, but am looking for a job now.


I need to make upwards of $13 an hour to cover daycare costs. I don%26#039;t have much work history, I was a server, hostess and bartender 7 years ago (8yrs experience) and have worked in a daycare and as a nanny for the past 6 years.


I%26#039;m looking for something that would be first shift, and I need some ideas. Any suggestions?|||For a laugh, I will tell you to practice this phrase, %26quot;would you like fries with that?%26quot;





Seriously, it looks like you have some varied background with interpersonal skills. the fact you have completed a degree program is excellent. I suggest you look to get on in a human resource department of a company until you continue your studies.|||I am a teacher, and I wish you all the luck in the world. Report Abuse
|||Since you%26#039;ll only be working for 2 months I don%26#039;t think you%26#039;ll be able to find anything that pays very well. You should try bartending again to get some good tips.|||Try marketing research - it%26#039;s a field where any sort of liberal arts degree can be used in an entry-level position. In an entry-level position you can expect to get experience with project managment, data analysis, and possibly questionnaire writing (which ties in with social sciences nicely). Depending on the market, salaries start at around $30K.|||A BS in what?|||You can be a teacher of those subjects or work in a store or bar. How in the world did you happen to choose those majors? Perhaps you should conisder a change?|||a collage teacher or a scientist|||Good luck! I can%26#039;t think of anyplace that will give you $13 an hour with your limited experience. How old is your child? Is the father at home? Why can%26#039;t he watch the kid while you%26#039;re at work? If you really need a job, just get one and look for a reasonable babysitter.|||how do you have a BA in Social Sciences and Literature and dont know which job to get?|||Bar tender, waitress, maybe a store manager.





I agree with the other posts here. Just about any degree in anything %26quot;artsy%26quot; is going to get you know where unless you did a lot of planning. Unless you have a specific job picked out and are already a good way in, I would switch class%26#039;s before you owe more in school than you will ever make in a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment