Thursday, August 19, 2010

Where can I find a good paying job in northern cali without a degree?

I am only 17, but I am already out of high school. I have my ged, but I already live on my own and I need a good paying job. I was thinking anout clerical or office work, but I don%26#039;t know where to start. Can you help?|||Whole Foods Market or Starbucks both offer highly competitive pay and decent benefits and would not exclude you because of the GED.





Both are retail establishments of course, but both also do have positions in administration, Whole Foods both in stores and in their regional offices, and Starbucks mainly in their corporate offices.





Whole Foods also allows people to move up and get promoted from within, with your work ethic and track record being the primary evaluator, rather than high school or college degrees.





Whole Foods cashiers in NorCal can make upwards of $20/hr after you%26#039;ve been there a bit, the store environment is fun and the benfits are good.





You may be a tad limited prior to your 18th birthday, but either company would serve you well.|||If you can type, and have average MS word skills, you should be able to get any entry level job. Look for data entry, and also sign up with some temp agencies - the more, the better. My favorite had been Spherion, but I%26#039;ve also used Ajilon, Manpower, Genesis, and Apple One. If you also have powerpoint, excel skills, that%26#039;ll improve your chances. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment