Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is it more difficult to find a job in between Thanksgiving and New Years?

I am currently working a %26quot;bridge job%26quot; as I decided what I want to do next in my career. I%26#039;ve made up my mind that I want to get into market research and am ready to quit my current job so I can focus on my job search; however, I wonder if I should wait until after the first of the year given the holidays.





I want to quit my job and get moving with my career but don%26#039;t want to do anything ill-advised. Any advice?





Thanks in advance.|||The market research field is a good choice. Actually, I am currently job searching trying to find a job in that field myself. For me personally, I see jobs in that field are drying up a lot right now. There were much more opportunities during the summer.





From my experience, companies tend not to hire from Thanksgiving to New Years and might even cut back on their workforce. It is sad to say, but I think you have until mid-November to find a job otherwise the openings will be few and far between. I would start searching immediately. The market does not pick up until about March.|||That time of year, the hiring managers are usually away and take long vacations. I say wait until the brand new year to apply and good luck.|||If you can possibly hold out, wait until about March. Between the holidays, changes just don%26#039;t happen....|||Most companies do not hire at the end of the year. Retail is a major exception, because of the Christmas shopping season.|||Most Human Resources departments are busy organizing Xmas parties and doing all of the other useless crap that they like doing at that time of the year.|||Hiring usually slows down around the end of the year. The new year companies have budgets for their physical year and tend to hire newer people to fill opened positions. Wait until January to apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment