Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I overcome a bad job situation from the past while interviewing for a new job?

I ended up quitting my last job without two weeks notice. What led to that was a stressful moment in which I admitted that I couldn%26#039;t do what they were expecting of me (take care of 5 infants while trying to implement lesson plans). It was no fault of the past employer%26#039;s, I just handle stress better when there is another employee to talk with in the room.


I%26#039;ve been letting future employers know that I work better as an assistant or a team-teacher.


Should I tell them that the reference from my past job might be less than perfect? Is this something I should worry about? It%26#039;s not that I can%26#039;t do the job, it%26#039;s that I do better when there is another person working with me (in the same room at the same time), instead of me working alone.|||Stress? If you can%26#039;t do the job you signed up for what makes you think you can do this one?


How to handle it? Grow up!.|||I thiink you need a different career. From what I read-- think the career change is now. Child care is a smelly diaper changing job. If you will not work alone watching 5 infants. Need to look around. No matter how the last job terminated always put it down --let the chips fall as they may.


Just write JOB ENDED let it go __ok...|||You may just want to explain the situation to them. I would try to put a positive spin on it, such as what you learned about yourself and how to best handle a particular situation. Quiting without notice is not the kiss of death. It might hinder you with some potential employers, but I don%26#039;t think it will be a career ender.

No comments:

Post a Comment