Thursday, August 19, 2010

If you are looking for a job and your work history is filled with incomplete courses?

I am coming up to thirty and have very little work experience. All I have ever wanted is just a normal job. I have time in my life now where I have a real opportunity to work.





Would an employer be put off by my history of failed courses? How can I put this fact best in interviews and on cvs and application forms?|||I have the same problem, I have not yet finished one single course I started. I get distracted and bored.





I simply do NOT put them on my resume. why should I? I dont need to tell the employer that I am a failure.





Do NOT include your courses in your resume.|||lie, get friends in management position or with their own business to give you good referances. Trust me it works wonders, keep copies of your applications so you cant be caught out in interviews. Honesty is not always the best policy, good luck.|||Try and avoid the negative in a CV, put the relevant courses down but expect to be asked about them.





Good luck|||yes i think he would be, because he would only thing you have low concetration, i think you should work voluntry, and then apply for jobs, and they will be more attracted to you becasue you are working for free, and they will see how motivated you are|||All the best...|||Yes it would. Voluntary work its the easiest thing you can do charities welcome all the help they can get. It will give you references, experience and self confidence. If you are looking for work, are you claiming job seekers/benefits as if you are there are many training centres that help you with cover letters, CV and even work placements. Even if your not you could find out about the centres and see if you could get on a course. I have put two training centres I know I hope they can help.|||to be perfectly honest, yes, they will be put off.





they want someone who%26#039;s going to see something through and failed and incomplete courses show exactly the opposite.|||No need to lie - just put the courses down in date order - they show you have been willing to learn new things and prepared to try different courses. You must have picked up some knowledge from each of them and you are unlikely to be asked for proof of completeion of the course unless it was for a specific qualification such as NVQ - but make sure you can answer questions on them .|||Somebody once asked me how many A levels I got, I said it depends on which job I am going for, so redo your CV and say you have completed all of the courses, I have never known an interviewer ask for proof but lets face it, if they do then you havent got that job. It all boils down to if you feel as though you can do the job. Good luck. Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment