Thursday, August 19, 2010

How soon after starting a new job is an appropiate time to ask for time off?

I am experiencing personal problems that are interferring with my concentration and performance at my new job. I don%26#039;t want to seem like an unreliable employee, and am I am not a typically like this. I am still in a probation period but I do have available time off. Any suggestions?|||if possible try to tough it out for 6months





you surely dont want to miss any days while on probation|||I would say 6 months, but I would check with your employee handbook (if you have one) or ask a rep in HR.|||After 3 months or after probation period.|||You are in a predictament. Usually after the probationary period (90 days) but if you are showing signs of unsatisfactory job performance you might be subject to failing your probationary period. You might consider sucking it up and putting on the job face to get through this 90 days or if you think this is really affecting you, then you%26#039;ll have to go to your boss and put yourself out there and ask them for some time off. You%26#039;ll need a good convincing story and tell them that you value your job and you will prove yourself. Hopefully you have a boss that is compassionate. But even if they do grant you the time off, they will hold you accountable later on. And taking the time off during your probationary period will %26quot;raise eyebrows%26quot;. Depending on what kind of work you do, you might offer to make up some of the work on the weekend.


Good Luck.|||about 3 or 4 months is a good time to ask. it may be to soon, depends on the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment