Thursday, August 19, 2010

What is the best way to pursue a possible job descrimination violation?

I recently applied for a job at a local YMCA as a customer service representative. I have 5 years experience in that field. I retired from our local phone company, and am 55 years old. I also worked behind the desk, at another gym, for 2 years. Upon completion of interview, I asked that I be called either way upon their decision. They said they would call but never did. I have since seen that jobs have been filled by two young guys that probably haven%26#039;t been out of school for 5 years. I truly feel that my age counted against me. Does anyone know the proper course of action I could possibly take?|||Companies aren%26#039;t obligated to hire you. Why force yourself on them if they didn%26#039;t think you were a right fit? It probably had to do with you going in there and asking for too much money based on all your years of customer service when in reality, the job description doesn%26#039;t require much experience. Sounds like you were overqualified for this one. Just keep looking for more work.|||take them to court for the reason|||perhaps they noticed that your 55 and have had two jobs in 7 years, most people our age are more stable...an interview is not an offer of employment... you have to be employed to be discriminated against.|||get a protest group or go to ur local legislature with this issue cuz its against the law.|||you can also contact the labor board in your area and have them investigate.|||Try to get a lawyer that will agree to only take a fee if you win...I agree it does sound like your age worked against you...very sad because older adults....(not calling you old, just not 20) make better employees in many cases...I hire I know..they show up, have a better work ethic and don%26#039;t think the world owes them...sorry if that sounds angry I am just sick of hiring these kids that think they are doing you a huge favor for showing up...good luck..|||Go to an attorney for a consultation if you think you really have a good case. Age discrimination or any other job hiring discrimination will probably be hard to prove up in court. A lot of different factors could have gone into them hiring other, younger people.





*ahem* Maybe it%26#039;s because you spelled something wrong on your application.. like %26quot;discrimination%26quot;. Cheers.|||Call you local workforce center. You do have a right to pursue job descrimination.

No comments:

Post a Comment