Thursday, August 19, 2010

How long before they call me for a job interview?

I turned in 15 job applications! I turned most of them in yesterday. How long does it take before they call me for a job interview? I%26#039;m 16 no previous job experience, so is it possible for me to get a job this month? How long does it take to get a job at fast food and markets?|||I have loads of experience (in fast food management at least) and still don%26#039;t always get called back when I go on the job hunt. I have to do the follow-up call after turning in an app. After I draw attention to my app. by calling, I usually get an interview set-up since they actually had to take the time to look at it (and it then is usually at the top of their stack also).





I was the hiring manager at my last job also, and frankly, I didn%26#039;t always have the time to look over every app., the people who called me showed interest and initiative and usually got an interview with me.





Give them a couple of days and then call asking for the hiring manager. If they aren%26#039;t in, ask when they will be available, and call back then; ask if they%26#039;ve reviewed your app. yet. There%26#039;s really no harm in asking, and you know how I view a call back from the applicant...|||give them a couple of days then start calling to ask them the status of your application|||It%26#039;s your age that will determine your responsibility. Think of all the previous applications before you that sit in a bin and never get considered for an interview. Even if you call and they set up an interview doesn%26#039;t gurantee a job. All it does is make that company look good. If you call and no one is setting up an interview I would inquire if they%26#039;re hiring. Most 16 year olds are just getting applications for their job corp or class assignments so most employers don%26#039;t take 16 year olds seriously. When placing applications you must first inquire if they%26#039;re actually hiring not accepting applications. There%26#039;s difference. Just be assertive and eager. This way they can sense your responsibility through your voice tone. I would do odd jobs for now like mow someone%26#039;s yard, clean their homes, walk their dogs or clean their car.|||if they wanted you, they would have interviewed you on the spot. Honestly.





Unless the manager was out, and the assistant, and the shift leader. It%26#039;s unlikely they%26#039;re going to call you now.





You are sixteen. You require %26quot;paperwork%26quot; and are covered by child labor laws. If there are any eighteen year olds going against you, you will not get a job. They work cheap, can work anytime, require little paperwork.





I wouldn%26#039;t hire a sixteen year old. Sorry.





You can--however, try to ask for a manager when you apply, sometimes the one on one contact helps if they like you and are willing to go that extra distance. Or are really really desperate.





But then--think about it. Why are they desperate?





Do you know what fast food entails? Cleaning stuff with strong chemicals? Filtering HOT grease, swabbing out toilets? There is the potential to get seriously injured, and for what? Minimum wage? So not worth it.|||i am seif 16 years old i am finding job of McDonald%26#039;s but i want job next to aldi please ok thanks waiting for answer bye

No comments:

Post a Comment