Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What is the best way to explain getting fired on a job application or interview?

I was fired from my last job for substance abuse(I drank alcohol before work and the manager smelled it on my breath). I am so ashamed and will never do it again. I had a lot of personal problems leading up to that incident. Now, I have lost confidence and have not tried to get another job for fear of explaining why I was fired and I have thought of omitting that job completely off of my work history but I%26#039;m afraid someone will find out otherwise- I live in a small city.|||first of all your boss should have sent you home that day %26amp; take a wk. off or so. if you really wanted to continue on working there %26amp; that job meant a lot to you than your boss should have set up a meeting just between you %26amp; him. to discuss what ever problems you are having. we all have rights %26amp; he did not bother to ask you if you were having some sort of problem that day or otherwise that was wrong of him. what kind of boss would do such a thing to his employees? i mean you could have lost a loved one for all he cares but still yet you showed up for work with alcohol on your breath. we all know that you did wrong by showing up at work when you knew that you have been drinking. you knew better you should have called your boss up %26amp; say hey look here i tied a big one on due to some personal problems i am in no shape to show up for work today is it ok if i can take a couple of days off. if your going to look for another job just tell them at this interview the truth that you were going throu some family issues %26amp; your ex boss did not give you the time a day to explain yourself %26amp; leave it at that. lack of confidence we all have that sometime in our lives but you know we all can better ourselves if you really stopped %26amp; think about it. you need to focus more on what you really want out of life than jumping from job to job you need to find some quite time alone %26amp; follow your heart %26amp; i know you are a good person inside %26amp; out its you that keeps putting yourself down. dont worry about what others may think of you %26amp; maybe theres more to this than what your are saying? well enough said %26amp; good luck with your new job.|||Dont tell the truth


Dont Tell huge Lies either





explain you left the position due to medical issues that you found hard to cope with and resulted in you having to leave as you could not perform the job to the required standard at that time and have since had professional help (or summat along those lines)





think carefully about how you word the reason





it will work cos i once was booted from a job for alcohol abuse and have had several better jobs since





good look|||I have lost confidents in manegement, and motivation for the job, I should have resign but I thought thing will improve, I did n;t want to be a quiter|||I think it is illegal for them to knowing fire you for drinking before the job they should have offered you a detox program alcholism is now treated as a desease.





Check this in your state but I think it is federal law. You may have a lawsuit on your hands. Another thing you can simply say that you and your former employer decided that you were going in two different directions. When they ask what direction you were going think of a benefit that you get from the job you are applying to and make it seem like that is what you were looking for. Do not dog your last job or employer.

No comments:

Post a Comment