Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Where can i find a guaranteed job suited for my 4 years of military experience and security clearance?

I joined the US Navy straight out of higschool. I recently finished my 4 year contract and am now looking for a suitable part time/contracting job that will fit my Navy skills and also utilize my active secret security clearance, which I understand, is quite sought after these days.|||There are no %26quot;guarented jobs%26quot; after military service and your secuity clearance is deactivated once you get out. A secuity clearance is no big deal and does not make you any more marketable unless you are lucky enough to land a job with a government contractor which makes it easier to re activate your clearance rather than start from scratch.





I joined at 17 and retired at 40.|||That really all depends upon what your job was, and what kind of clearance you had. You can email me with that info, then I%26#039;ll be better able to give you a decent answer.





researcher3308@yh|||try the federal government, or one of the subcontractors around the washington dc area.|||First of all, you don%26#039;t have an %26quot;active%26quot; clearance. The moment you left the navy, your clearance became a file. It would make other government agency%26#039;s clearance procedure easier, but you don%26#039;t have a clearance as of now. Second, you only have a secret clearance, which a #@$#@$ load of people have. The highly sought after clearances are those above top secret, like SCI with full scope poly. Third, there are #@$@#$ load of people coming out of the military right now. Usually, if your skills are very sought after, the contracting firms come to you. I hope you learned a foreign language and got a degree while you were in the Navy. But if you are looking for clearance jobs, here is the website. But there is no guarantee anything. You will have to look for it just like everyone else.





http://www.clearancejobs.com/|||Depends highly on what your job/rating was. Yes a security clearance is a very good plus. I have heard though that the whole being in the military thing and standing out over civilians is not as true as is promoted..|||I am not sure what area you live in but a lot of the shipyards on the different coasts seek out employees who already have experienced in the design/engineering/upkeep of aircraft carriers or submarines. You could certainly look into that if you want to stay in that type of field.|||Try the Department of Navy , on USA jobs.com. My secret clearance which I have at my govt job is sought after. You need to combine your military, education, with your clearance. I%26#039;m still in a reserve component. Maybe you should look at that.|||the contracting job is full time and also slowing down cause its about to be winter my best advice to give you go work at the base they got part time over there and you will make alot of money|||Somebody%26#039;s misleading you. A security clearance is not %26#039;sought after%26#039;. Your security clearance died when you left the Navy. A company will have to apply for a new security clearance for you IF your job requires it.

No comments:

Post a Comment