Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What kind of writing job should I aim for?

I have a BA in Japanese language and Literature, and although I can understand Jap%26#039;anese pretty well, I%26#039;m still far from fluent. I%26#039;d like to get a writing job as my future career because I love to write, but am stuck as to what kind of writing job. My interests are: music, japanese language %26amp; culture, animals, and different languages %26amp; cultures. Also as a bonus question, what are some good entry-level writing jobs that I should aim for? Thanks in advance!|||first you should know that, are you able to work in JAPAN or not? and if u answer this question (yes) then everything is easy for you.... but sometimes It is not necessary that you will get the same job you want,but there are certain levels in your career.First you have to pass the initials levels then you will be promoted to your designated level.There are several jobs seekers in different fields but sometime what they are aiming for is the last and the highest level of their career...so you have to be patience,try out anykind of job comes in your way in order to get experience,then gradually turns to your desired level.|||I%26#039;m certainly far from an expert in this area. But since writing jobs are usually in high demand and often not highly paid, you should probably focus in on this highly specialized area of Japanese. I would think you could hone your Japanese skills and then aim for a career in translating between Japanese and English. I have heard that translators are in demand and I believe there are jobs transcribing films, literature and other forms of art between Japanese and English. Might be an area to look into. Good Luck!!!!|||i think that the best way to get into writing is to write...you are already doing that and it%26#039;s great...i think that you should not be looking for a specific position or job... you should probably concentrate on getting a job (any job you would be able to do) within the industry...try publishing companies...or media...they can make you an editor or give you an opportunity to write their content


Hope it helps...I am myself in the similar situation...so it%26#039;s like talking to myself :)


But I have read that %26#039;writers don%26#039;t become writers...they simply write%26#039;...every time there is the right time and the right feeling


time will show i think|||I would look into travel writing and/or journalism. Try to take classes and see if they make sense for you. Both of them are very competitive, but a lot of fun if you work hard. Just note that you will need samples before you can interview for most writing jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment