Wednesday, July 21, 2010

How early should I start applying for a job when relocation is required?

I plan on moving across country in a year. There is a company where I%26#039;m moving that I wish to work for, which currently has job openings. How early should I start applying? Is a year too long for a company to wait as a start date? I just want the security of having a job when I move.|||Unless your in a super demand field, a year is way to early to start applying. When a company has an opening they are looking to fill it right away, in some cases they may wait a few month, but even then it%26#039;s too long. You should start looking closer to when you will move and have an estimated date of living there. Unless your moving date is flexible like if a perfect job came up, you could move sooner, wait until it%26#039;s more realistic when you will be there. You might also be able to find help in relocating w/job placement agency, or use a head hunter, there are options out there to help you find a job when your move is in a more realistic time frame. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment