Friday, July 16, 2010

I just failed in understanding the training of a job. How long did it take for you to find the right career?

I am a guy who is 31. I graduated from college ten years ago with honors from a major university. But I have failed on many jobs because I am unable to figure out the job. It has worn on me mentally. I can%26#039;t seem to stay in a job very long because i can%26#039;t comprehend the concepts required to do the job. I was a political science and history graduate. The latest job I failed in was a difficult and technical state job that dealt with public assistance. Alot of technical computer training involved. Also alot of policy and law to understand. This has happened to me over and over and over. How long did it take you to find a job that you could be competent in?|||First of all, your choice of degree has a lot to do with your job problems. Poli sci and history? Your major university may offer career advice, I suggest you check that out first. A career counselor could steer you in the right direction. Did you take any computer classes? You may have to take further classes to advance in anything. You could, with a teaching certificate, maybe teach history. It took me years and re-taking different classes to find a career I like.|||Well, you have something I don%26#039;t have . . . a good attitude!





I was always the last in any group to get up to speed with anything, but when I caught up with everybody else, I always excelled beyond everybody else.





I can only advise that you find a field of endeavor that you have a passion for regardless of how well it pays.





If you like what you do for a living, you%26#039;ll be happy and secure regardless of your economic success.





Best of luck.|||i was in sales and other than understanding the product i was able to convince people to buy - you are book smart so i don%26#039;t understand why you can%26#039;t understand the concepts required to do a job - maybe talking to a career counselor will help you in finding the right career|||Try a career counselor at your college. I%26#039;m working on my MBA and am incredibly underemployed right now based on my education, but it gives me time to finish school and gives me experience which I%26#039;ll be able to relate to my next job. Sometimes it%26#039;s best to start in semi-menial jobs to get experience you can draw on later. That%26#039;s what I%26#039;m doing. (My wife, with a HS education but lots of experience, outearns me--now.)|||Very simply put...Stress gets in your way of performing at every new venture.In other words,you make one little mistake,and it stresses you out to the point of being reminded of past mistakes.The very best way (in my humble opinion) to overcome this problem,is to ask your co-workers,and managers to help you write out a daily procedure list,and follow it faithfully in baby steps.Make a list of every step necessary,its pupose,what time it should be started,and ended.Follow these precise steps every day.Good luck,and call on me for more help if this helps you out.GibbyGuys@netzero.net|||Try teaching....

No comments:

Post a Comment