Friday, July 16, 2010

How long does it take to get a job after answering the ad?

I%26#039;d like to go back to work around the beginning of September. I am trying to figure out when I should start applying to jobs in order to get a job in the beginning of September. I don%26#039;t know how long HR people take to review resumes, conduct interviews, and notify people of being accepted. I hope this made sense; thanks for the help.|||I would say allow yourself a couple of weeks from the time you begin interviews to the time that you accept something. Set a date you want to begin work and negociate it if the employer wants you sooner or later, cross that bridge when you come to it. I would say that you give yourself enough time to attend interviews in your first week and either second interviews and hiring in the second week. If they need or require information from you it will give you time to get this together. Also, many employers require background and drug testing..this will allow time to complete this...Sooo..in a nutshell, plan to start working 2 weeks from the date you begin looking, but don%26#039;t look lightly...pound the pavement (or internet) sending out your resume!!!





Good Luck!|||I filled out an application and took the pre-employment test on Valentines Day, Feb 14Th...and I did not start the new job until April 30. There was a lot of other stuff other than the test... the interview, the psychological test, the drug test, the time they gave us to give notice, etc...|||Depends on how badly they need to fill the position and how many people apply.





Been my experience nost employers want positions filled in a couple of weeks|||Depends on the company and the job. Entry level retail will probably have someone hired within 2 weeks of posting an ad. Higher up positions and more technical positions - it%26#039;s not unusual for them to interview for 6 months or more.|||Some company%26#039;s you will work for answer earlier than others. What I would do is apply for them all, then state that you would like for them to consider you, but not for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment