Friday, July 16, 2010

How can I successfully get a part time job as I got no work experience?

I am studying overseas in Melbourne. I have not worked before because I study full time. Plus most good jobs require the applicants to be a citizen here. But I am turning 20 soon, i dun want people to know that I haven%26#039;t got any work experience.. What can I do if my English is just okay (cant say i can be confident in it coz this is not my first language)? Any interview tips? Do I have to buy better clothes for job interviews? I got nothing abt work experience to put in my resume.|||First you need to check into the local laws and your visa -- are you legally able to work in Melbourne?





As for interview tips -- 1. Be honest and sincere. %26quot;I have always been a student and have not held a job. However, as a student I . . . %26quot;


2. Before you try for a job, can you do some volunteer work? This will help you tell your employer that you aren%26#039;t afraid of hard work.


3. Make your resume about your strengths rather than your experience. Explain the things you have done, and how they can relate to what you expect to do at your job.


4. When you get an interview, be sure to study for it --- Find out about the company you will be working for, the type of work you will be doing, and come prepared to ask questions.


5. Don%26#039;t be afraid of the %26quot;not so good%26quot; jobs -- these give you great experience. For example, a lot of future law students work as %26quot;runners%26quot; in a law firm. This enables them to see what the work they will do is, but does not require specific knowledge or experience.


6. Smile and be confident. The worst they can do is turn you down.





Good Luck!|||At a mall they are easy to hire people.|||Start volunteering. Although there won%26#039;t be any tangible pay in it for you, volunteers are usually given ample opportunities to gain various types of invaluable experience.|||ignore the guy on top of me....hes some creep who wants you to earn money from the net (...SCAM). -not that you cant earn legit money off the net.





just go round to stores you might fancy working at and ask for a job. thats how i got my first one as a waiter.|||on the application say you are reliable and willing to learn and willing to be challenged. love new things. looking to grow with the company.|||make sure to get good credible references. teachers and stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment