Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What would be a good job to introduce me to the art therapy field?

I have a strong interest in the field, but want experience before I apply for a graduate program. I have a degree in studio art and art history. I am currently employed, but unsatisfied and looking for a new job. I want to find something related to this field, and I figure that now (being unsatisfied with current work situation) would be an ideal time. Thanks in advance.|||I would suggest getting a Recreation Therapy certificate or diploma (called an Associates Degree in the U.S.). You may be able to study PT or by distance, with on-site clincal of course.





There are also 4 year programs offered at universities leading to a degree in this area in some cases.





Since you already have a degree of some sort, I would explore the 1-2 year option (certificate or diploma) first.





You can also volunteer at the local hospital to gain experience and insight in the meantime. They always want volunteers for lonely patients (adults and children).





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment