Friday, July 16, 2010

How do evade your nosy present employer from seeing your job search on the internet?

Specifically, the present employer can see the job searches on the job search sites and routinely looks. If he sees my name on there, I would most likely be fired on the spot. I am not happy, and feel trapped. I asked this question before and received an answer about not doing it from work. It does not matter where I put my resumes in if he looks on the job site. What to do?|||why would your employer have access to your personal computer at your home????|||Do it at home! Duh!|||I agree with Sarah A, but I also think that you are paranoid.


What boss has time to search that stuff unless he is looking to fill the particular job. If he is looking to fill your job, then you can count yourself as gone already.|||If your that unhappy you should leave, he will do you a favor to fire you, collect unemployment and full time look for a job!!!|||I%26#039;m sorry people are busting your chops about online searches. I interpret your question as %26quot;how do I keep my present boss from seeing my resume on monster.com?%26quot;





Set up a bogus profile (pick out an entertaining %26quot;stage name%26quot;) for job hunting, and then do your applications directly to the interesting companies without going through the job site!|||Do your searches at home or the library . . .


Duhhhhhhhhhh





No bosses have time to look over the thousands of resumes posted on line , are you crazy ?





Besides , doing that on company time is considered theft .


When a potential employer checks references and they ask if you would be rehired ,


He%26#039;ll say Never .


That will go down like pooh with the place you are applying for .





Stop being lame / stupid / clueless .


Start behaving with some ethics and honor or your only job option will be exotic dancer .





Do your searches at home or the library . . .





%26gt;|||I feel badly that everyone has jumped on you about doing your job search from home. I think what you%26#039;re trying to say is that your employer can see if you%26#039;ve posted your resume on a job search site. Something they wouldn%26#039;t need access to your internet history to see. The only thing I can say would be to keep your search a little more low-key if there%26#039;s that much risk. It%26#039;s not as proactive, but you may have to wait until openings are posted or just start emailing your resume directly to potential employers. If your resume isn%26#039;t out there posted for anyone to see, it may take longer to find something but at least you%26#039;re covered.|||If you post a resume he can find out .. if you respond to an ad that tells you who is advertising then there is no problem. It%26#039;s unlikely he can fire you for just posting you resume, even if he finds out, BUT he may look for a reason to let you go if he does... That%26#039;s why people tell you not to do it at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment