Friday, July 16, 2010

What kind of job can I get being that I do not have a degree?

I have 5 years of retail sales/management experience at my current job with Verizon Wireless. I%26#039;m making pretty good money right now but I%26#039;m sick of working retail. I want to get an office job where the hours are normal and where I don%26#039;t have to interact with bitchy customers all day. What kind of job can I get being that I have sales/management experience in retail but no degree.|||You, having no degree but 5 years work experience in sales and management can get you basically the same job but in a different work place and work conditions. 5 years work experience is a good credential for you. Being in sales / management doesn%26#039;t necessarily mean you have to face clients. There are posts that do not require contact to customer. With you knowledge in sales you can work in the marketing department (conduct researc or product design or market analysis). With your experience, I%26#039;m confident you can get office works.





My best suggestion however is this, OPEN YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Come on, you have had 5 years of work experience in sales. I bet you can use all the knowledge you have gathered to run your own business. It seems to me that you are the type of person who is more likely be successful when you manage your own business, when you are the boss of your own business. You invest some time in knowing what business you want to open, how to raise finance/capital and where will you operate.





Good luck and I hope to hear from you soon, when you%26#039;re the boss of your own company.





Cheers.|||I would look at being a sales manager. It would keep you in the sales field and with 5 years experience at a big name company, I would shoot for that.|||You have to stick with retail or advertise yourself on Craigslist and look up manager. Good Luck.|||Well since you want to get out of sales, re evaluate your skills you have gained while doing that. List all of your skills and figure out how they will apply in an office setting. Can you type? etc that was an example. What about HR? or training new hires. I too had that same question when Montgomery Wards closed, I wasn%26#039;t finished with school so I had to put my mind to work. I have done market research (which is good money but I wouldn%26#039;t reccommend for you being you are tired of customers), catering which lead to a catering director position, now I am a counselor with DD adults after finishing school. So please don%26#039;t sell yourself short bc you don%26#039;t have a degree, you have options.|||How about a sales executive at a local radio station or cable advertising?

No comments:

Post a Comment