Friday, July 16, 2010

How do I reject a job offer after verbally accepting?

I interviewed with a company and I got called back within some hours. The HR lady asked if i would formally accept the offer and I said yes out of excitement. I have not signed any documents, they want to fly me in to view their facility and all that. However I am still considering other offers. How do I let them know that I haven%26#039;t comitted to the job?|||In this economy I don%26#039;t know if I would be super choosy.





Unless you have an amazing background, education and work exp that is far superior to your competition, I%26#039;d take the job.





You can still interview with other companies and quit if you had to.





God Luck!|||Accept the job offer, if a better one comes along, just tell them you were offered a better job and leave. Don%26#039;t feel bad about not giving notice, remember, if a company lays you off, do they give you notice?|||DO not reject it! if you turn down this job, maybe you are going to loose everything. What if you don%26#039;t get more offers? Unless you are positively sure there are better options, take this one|||I would call the person you spoke with as soon as possible. Say something like this:





%26quot;I accepted the position out of excitement, however when I had some time to cool off and think about the new oppurtunity, I realized I made a mistake. I can%26#039;t accept your offer. I am sorry if this caused you any trouble. Thanks again for considering me.%26quot;





Good luck|||Oh my gosh....what a pickle you have gotten yourself into. How many other offers have your received? If you retract your %26quot;yes%26quot; now don%26#039;t expect them to continue to negotiate for your employment. Just tell them you are no longer interested if that is the case, and move on to other interests. Honestly I would not want someone working for me that does not think before they speak.|||Well if you are sure you won%26#039;t want this job at all then you would just need to call them and tell them unfortunately you are not able to accept the position after all.





If you still want a chance at working there but just aren%26#039;t sure yet, then that is a little trickier.





However it sounds like the position is located away from where you live so you would have to relocate. You could always call them and tell them that you know you said yes, but since it would be a big move you need x amount of time (a couple days a week, etc) to make sure that this is going to work for you and ask if it would be possible to get back to them with a firm decision then.





Good Luck.|||BE SURE........then Write or Call....Calling is better and tell them after careful consideration you%26#039;ve decided it%26#039;s not feasable for you right now!


They probably wanted an Answer to Stop looking and take the offer out of the Advertising market.|||You are in a sticky situation. If you tell them that you are looking at other opportunities after verbally accepting, it sends a message that you are really not interested and frankly, very impulsive. HR is going to have a bit of egg on their face when you backpedal. So be prepared for them to take the offer off the table, unless you are the only viable candidate they have sourced.





I wouldn%26#039;t lie, and I wouldn%26#039;t make them spend the money/resources on a trip to a facility only to turn down the job. The HR community is very small - and people talk about their experiences. Also consider this: you don%26#039;t take this job, but accept another. The HR person you turned down takes a job with your new company. Now you are dealing with her directly. Not the best situation.|||You should have asked how long time they%26#039;ll give you before you have to accept. That%26#039;s a common thing and if they think you%26#039;re good they should expect it. If they%26#039;ve already bought the business class ticket and arranged for limousine service you%26#039;ll be rude to decline or even raise the option... play it cool and in the worst case, don%26#039;t sign the contract hehe. (not good practice).

No comments:

Post a Comment