Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What are important things to look for in a good job?

I have a good paying job with no benefits. My fear is going to a job with good benefits would cut my pay drastically and I would hate my work environment. So what are important things to look for in the new job?|||If you don%26#039;t need benefits then I say stay where you are. If you do need benefits then you might take a bit of hit in salary but can make up for it with things like an employer match of a 401(k).





What do I think makes a good job?


You like what you do.


You like going to work every day.


You work for people who respect you.


You are treated well by your supervisors and your co-workers.


An easy commute (important to me).


Good health insurance coverage (I have a family).


Retirement plan.





You aren%26#039;t going to know if you will hate a new enviroment until you are there. You can get a feel for a company%26#039;s culture during the interview but often that is like a first date. Everyone is on their best behavior and you don%26#039;t find out how things really are until you are in the relationship for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment